SO there are times in my life when I am less than happy and I have always wanted to write down or record the things in life that make me happy so I have a place to go and remember when I need it. so... here goes
1.listening to fun music can pretty much always make me change my perspective. If only I could somehow go straight to it when I am in a bad mood...
2. getting outside and being active. either taking a walk by myself or playing a group sport. something that takes my mind away from whatever is upsetting me.
3. a funny/ feel good movie.
4. this is bad BUT something sweet to eat. this is probably the root of my unhappiness to begin
with but it does somehow for some reason make me feel better. I want to get away from this.
5. a busy schedule. even tho at the time I will complain and say I dont want to do whatever it is that i have to do but keeping things going and having obligations that I have to fulfill makes me quickly get over whatever it is (and sometimes its unexplainable and for no reason unhappiness)
6. going to the beach. something about the air and the sand and the sound of the ocean really helps me relax
Its hard for me because when I am in a bad mood or depressed I dont want to do any of these things. except maybe number 4 and that is bad bc me being over weight is what fuels the fire for depression. I dont have it alot. but when I am in that state its hard to pull through. I always manage to shake it off but not as fast as I would like to. so hopefully the next time I feel like crap I will come here and read this list and do something to get rid of the bad feelings faster.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
I read a blog recently about a mom who lives a minimalistic life style and how much she enjoys her house being clean and clutter free. That made me think about all the STUFF we have in our house and how it brings me more aggrivation than happiness. Mainly the STUFF consists of 3 little girls clothing, toys and messes that they make. The amount of clothing that these girls have is astounding! Today I am vowing to get into their very messy caotic rooms while they are school (the two older ones) and remove everything that they are not using and maybe even getting rid of things they dont NEED. I am going to take some pics and post them here. I am thinking about having a garage sale later on this month when soccer games are over and hopefully making some money to put into our 10 year anniversary cruise fund. Also we found out recently that we will most likely be moving to Maryland in November. All the more reason to clean out our space! Here I go!!!!